The New Theological Seminary Presents
A Human Resources Toolkit for Church and Nonprofit Leaders
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD A FLYER
January 26, 2023
9:00 am – 12:00 pm PDT
Most leaders get their first crash course in employment law when faced with a crisis or disciplinary issue. This 2-3 hour seminar is designed to help you create a safe and
productive workplace, and also to give you the tools to evaluate and make critical decisions for your team. Registrants will receive materials for developing healthy and effective Human Resources programs.
• Creating and maintaining employee handbooksand workplace policies
• Ensuring lawful hiring practices
• Preventing discrimination and harassment
• Ensuring lawful use of social media
• Engaging in lawful employee discipline, internalinvestigations, and employment terminations.
Taught by Craig Gosselin
Craig Gosselin is an attorney and expert in human resources with 38 years of legal experience. He is the current General Counsel and head of HR for Toms Shoes, and has served in the same role for Vans and PacSun. Craig served for six years on the HR committee for La Canada Presbyterian Church, and is an authority on employment issues that arise for faith communities.
This is a Zoom meeting and links will be sent out after registration.
For more information, please contact Dr. David Tomlinson